API compatibility - Stream.h: No such file or directory

I am attempting to compile the StandardFirmata.ino example in the Firmata library, available from the Particle Cloud IDE.

When I click the “Verify” button, it says “Code verified! Great work.”.
However, when I click the “Flash” button, I get the following error…

lib/Firmata/src/FirmataMarshaller.h:25:20: fatal error: Stream.h: No such file or directory
 #include <Stream.h>

Is this error expected? Is there a workaround? Is there an errata that details the currently unavailable or incompatible portions of the particle API.

Bluz v2.2.50

Unfortunately this is an issue in the Particle firmware before 0.6.1. As our current firmware is based on 0.5.0, the issue is still there. You can see the details about the fix here: https://github.com/spark/firmware/pull/1191

It is possible to fork the library and change it to get it to work. We plan to update to a new Particle branch somewhat soon, so that should also fix these issues.

Do you have an ETA? Is there anyway I can help with the rebase/port?

These merges are not always straight forward, and usually require a LOT of testing to make sure nothing broke. So I don’t have an exact ETA, but it will be part of our next FW release after 2.3.50, which should go out this week.

As we get into it, any testers are appreciated, so that would be the best way to help. We will post on the forums when a pre-release is ready, so keep an eye our for that!

Great! I’ll be looking forward to it. I’m building a toy for my son’s birthday (late August), and the Bluz.io is the perfect form-factor for the job. Keep me in the loop and I will run it through it’s paces.

Thanks!
Zak