@ScruffR and @mnetwork: I took a look at the issue. There was a really fun bug there where we had a macro named SPI_HEADER_SIZE, which just so happened to be the same name as a macro in the CC3000 library of the Core. It worked fine before we turned this into a library since it took the local definition, but once it became part of a #include call, then it broke everything. So renaming the variable worked.
However, I am still having issues. I am getting SOS codes when trying to connect devices, mainly an 8 code which means Out of Memory. So there is definitely some issues there and I am trying to figure out a way around it.
This did work before, so I am wondering if it is a version issue on the Core.
Hope to get more details back soon...