We have released a new version of firmware for bluz DK. The version will be bumped to 1.1.47, this is still based on the Particle 0.4.7 branch.
This release is mostly filled with bug fixes and enhancements. These include:
- Fix an issue where the socket buffers could overrun, causing bluz to hang. This could happen in certain situations such as having a Particle.publish in the loop() with a delay().
- Stop running user code during an OTA update. This will make updates faster in situations where there would be blocking code in the loop() function
- Fix an issue where the millis() function would incorrectly roll over after only 36 hours. It will now roll over after the specified 49 days
- Fix an issue in analogWrite where only the first call would work and subsequent calls would fail to change the setting
- Time out and reset if an OTA update hangs
- Enabled with WDT to reset the system in case of inadvertent hangs
- Add a custom data service that can be used to send data directly to bluz from an app, no cloud needed
The release is currently available in the Web IDE as a pre-release, meaning that you need to click on the arrow next to the device and change it manually. Updating system firmware can take a few minutes, so we purposefully are leaving it as a manual update for now, we don’t want to force people to wait if they don’t want to.
Updates will be faster when using the apps as a gateway instead of the gateway shield, so it is recommended that you update system firmware using the app as a gateway.