Flashing bluz locally by UART shield with arduino IDE

Hi,
I’m new to work with bluz DK. I want to know about:
How to flash a bluz locally with the help of arduino IDE communicate serially hardwired with UART shield.
I hope, You will help me out in resolving the issue and provide me the procedure to flash bluz locally.I read the tutorials. I have used FTDI breakout board to power the bluz and run blinky example but it doesn’t work. Please provide me accurate procedures to locally flash the bluz with arduino.

Bluz isn’t programmable through the Arduino IDE. There are many other ways to program bluz, however, including the Particle Web IDE, the local Atom based IDE, and using command line tools locally.

Is there something you need to do locally that can’t be done with the Web IDE?

Thank you for your positive response!

I have gone through this tutorial and downloaded all repositories and dependencies. And used command line tools to generate .bin files and flash the firmware but when I connect bluz hardwired through UART and connect it to PC and put the bluz in DFU mode and when I’m running the command “dfu-util -l” to find the bluz in dfu mode. then command line tool is not recognizing bluz in DFU mode where as when I put photon in DFU mode then command line tool is able to find it.

I have heard that almost many properties of bluz and photon are same then why command line tool is not able to find bluz?
Looking forward for your reply.

Bluz is very similar to the Photon, but there is one big difference: bluz doesn’t natively support USB. The microcontroller we use just doesn’t support it, and adding it to every board would have increased cost and complexity. We decided to keep bluz as minimal as possible while providing shields to program it locally when needed.

Hence, the dfu-util won’t work with bluz.

However, it is quite easy to upload firmware locally with bluz. We are working on a CLI tool to make this easier, but there is a simple way now and you can see the instructions here: http://docs.bluz.io/tutorials/bootloader/#updating-firmware

You will need to download a few helper scripts and have Python 2.7 installed on your PC. Then you can use those scripts to automatically load firmware.

Let me know if you have any further issues.