Requirements to get the Bluz Module implemented

Hi,

thanks for your great work on Bluz @eric . It’s really awesome how you created this from scratch! :smile:

Although I’ve never worked with base modules like the P1or the Bluz Module, I’m interested in at least planning with these devices in mind (I might need to find some people willing to help with the electronics afterwards :D)

E.g. if I wanted to create a temperature sensor with the Bluz Module: I have to figure out how to do the power supply (battery powered, probably 3.3v), I need to attach a sensor (DHT22) and I’ll need the Bluz Module.

How would you rate the complexity of such a Setup (as a PCB)?

I would say it is relatively easy from a PCB design perspective. We will be writing up much more complete documentation, but you can also look at the module datasheet in the meantime for reference circuits. It is currently in our github account: https://github.com/bluzDK/bluzDK/tree/master/v2/Datasheets

The only thing needed beyond this is the SPI Flash. This is used to store the public/private keys, but also to store a factory reset version of the firmware and us used to store the code downloaded during an OTA update. Theoretically it isn’t required if you didn’t want some of those features, but it also isn’t hard to add and it is inexpensive.

There are other items, like LEDs and buttons, but sounds like you probably wouldn’t need them.

Let me know if that answers your question or you may need anything else.

@alterSchw3de, you could also surface mount the Bluz module since it has castelated edges. That would save you a lot of work and simplify your BOM :smile:

Thanks for both of your answers! Seems like I have to start learning PCB Design :smiley:

@peekay123
I plan to create several really simple sensors and I’m hoping to lower the price as much as possible which is why I’m calculating with the Bluz Module.

I’ll have to write down some of the concepts I have in mind, may be I’ll find someone who’s interested in doing this together.